Our Test Kitchen home economists suggest you tuck these oven-fresh savory scones into a napkin-lined gift basket, along with a package of pasta and jar of spaghetti sauce.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, cheese and pesto. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 10-in. circle; cut into eight wedges but do not separate.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Originally published as Basil Cheddar Scones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p47
Reviews for Basil Cheddar Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review