Why buy dressing from the store when it’s so easy to whip up your own? Keep the mix on hand and simply add water, lemon juice and mayonnaise to make it salad-ready.—Jenece Howard, Elko, Nevada
Recommended: Holiday Butters
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 6 batches (1-1/2 cups mix).
- To prepare dressing: In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mix with cold water and lemon juice. Whisk in mayonnaise. Stir before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 1 cup per batch.
Originally published as Basil Buttermilk Dressing in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Basil Buttermilk Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review