Basil-Buttered French Bread
Dixie Terry makes this warm bread when she wants to round out quick dinners at her home in Goreville, Illinois. "Just pop it in a hot oven for a few minutes to have it ready when the rest of your meal is served," she notes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine butter and basil. Brush butter mixture over
- one side of each bread slice. Place buttered side up on an ungreased
- baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 5 minutes or until
- golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.