Basil-Buttered French Bread Recipe
Dixie Terry makes this warm bread when she wants to round out quick dinners at her home in Goreville, Illinois. "Just pop it in a hot oven for a few minutes to have it ready when the rest of your meal is served," she notes.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine butter and basil. Brush butter mixture over one side of each bread slice. Place buttered side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil-Buttered French Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p48
Reviews for Basil-Buttered French Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2008
Another terrific recipe - thank you for sharing, Mrs. Terry!!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >