Basil-Butter Steaks with Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- 1 package (15 ounces) frozen Parmesan and roasted garlic red potato wedges
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/4 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1. Bake potato wedges according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. In a 10-in. cast-iron skillet, brown steaks in 2 tablespoons butter. Add tomatoes to skillet. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. In a small bowl, combine basil and remaining butter. Spoon over steaks and serve with potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 538 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 740 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Reviews for Basil-Butter Steaks with Roasted Potatoes
"This was very good! It was so simple to make and the steaks were very tender and juicy. The only thing I would change is that I would add a bit more flavor. I did add some seasoning salt and chopped green onion, but I think it still needed a bit more. Still, the steaks were very tender and this is a great busy weeknight dinner!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.