Basil Burgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the basil, onion, bread crumbs, wine and garlic salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese if desired. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 314 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein .
Reviews for Basil Burgers
"I think the next time I'd avoid the garlic salt altogether, maybe substitute a lesser amount of garlic powder."
"My family which includes my husband, a 4 year old and 3 year old and me of course all absolutely love this recipe!!! Yummy!! TRY IT!!"
"My DH really liked these. I thought I would love them to since I really like basil, but they didn't do anything for me."
"IT WAS GOOD"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.