Basil Burgers with Sun-Dried Tomato Mayonnaise Recipe
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- Additional fresh basil leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. In a food processor, combine mayonnaise and tomatoes; cover and process until blended. Chill until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, basil, Italian seasoning, garlic, pepper and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 thin patties. Place 2 tablespoons cheese on six patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- On a greased grill, cook burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with mayonnaise mixture and, if desired, additional basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBasil Burgers with Sun-Dried Tomato Mayonnaise
"The basil gives these burgers a nice summery flavor. The sun-dried tomato mayo was a hit with my family. I prepped the mayo and the burgers the night before so I only had to throw them on the grill for a delicious weeknight dinner. I melted the cheese on top instead of stuffing the burgers."
"My family loved this recipe! It's a keeper! Very flavorful and the hamburgers don't fall apart"
"These burgers are outstanding! My husband and I really enjoyed them and I will definitely be making them often!"
"So good!! My 5yo ate an entire burger herself!"
"delicious burger mayo was good made a great combination."
"I made this tonight and it's so good that I'll make again. I used fresh tomatoes instead of sun dried tomatoes and still its good and used tomato paste too. And I used fresh basil instead of dried. Jennifer m brown from Sioux falls,SD"
"even my kids loved them!!"
"This is a superb recipe. I melted the mozzarella on top instead of putting it in the burger."
"This was a delicious recipe and super-easy to make. It's a great change from a regular burger."