Basil Burger Patties Recipe
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- 3. Spread cream cheese over cut side of roll tops. Place burgers, onion and avocado on roll bottoms; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 669 calories, 41 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.