Basil Burger Patties
“We’ve been making these refreshing burgers for years,” Jill Christopher explains from Grants Pass, Oregon. “Served on onion rolls with cream cheese and avocado on top, they’re a nice change from the regular cheeseburger. Everybody asks for them when we barbecue.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side
- or until juices run clear.
- Spread cream cheese over cut side of roll tops. Place burgers, onion
- and avocado on roll bottoms; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 669 calories, 41 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 43 g protein.