“We’ve been making these refreshing burgers for years,” Jill Christopher explains from Grants Pass, Oregon. “Served on onion rolls with cream cheese and avocado on top, they’re a nice change from the regular cheeseburger. Everybody asks for them when we barbecue.”
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Spread cream cheese over cut side of roll tops. Place burgers, onion and avocado on roll bottoms; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil Burgers in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p49
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Basil Burger Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review