Basil Brussels Sprouts
Our Test Kitchen created this simple side dish that takes advantage of the microwave, so you can focus on the main course. Brussels sprouts are tossed with melted butter, basil, salt and pepper for mild flavor that complements most any entree.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the brussels sprouts and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender;
- drain. Combine the butter, salt, basil and pepper; drizzle over
- brussels sprouts and toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 133 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein.