Basil Broccoli/Tomato Platter
My family especially loves this at the end of summer, during the peak of tomato season.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 fresh tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets, cooked
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large shallow dish or 13-in. x 9-in. pan, layer tomatoes and
- onion along one side; place broccoli on the other side.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and chill for several hours, occasionally spooning dressing
- over vegetables. Serve vegetables on lettuce-lined platter if
- desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 181 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 481 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.