Basil Broccoli/Tomato Platter Recipe
My family especially loves this at the end of summer, during the peak of tomato season.
- 5 fresh tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets, cooked
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large shallow dish or 13-in. x 9-in. pan, layer tomatoes and onion along one side; place broccoli on the other side.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; pour over vegetables. Cover and chill for several hours, occasionally spooning dressing over vegetables. Serve vegetables on lettuce-lined platter if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 181 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 481mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Basil Broccoli/Tomato Platter
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC