Since I grow lots of green beans and basil in my garden, this is a popular side dish in my home. These flavored beans round out a variety of meals.Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Place beans in a serving dish. Add the basil, butter, salt and
- pepper. Toss until butter is melted and beans are evenly coated.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.