Basil Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine beans, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, basil, mustard and salt. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Chill for several hours or overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
3/4 cup: 192 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Basil Bean Salad
"kids liked it"
"have been using this recipe for years - I love it!"
"You can combine the sugar,vinegar,oil,salt,pepper and seasonings in a saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove and cool slightly , then pour over bean mixture."