Basil Baked Tomatoes Recipe
This recipe has been in our family for many years. My mother brought it with her when she came to the United States from Italy. When tomatoes are plentiful, this is a great way to serve them. —Mary Detzi, Wind Gap, Pennsylvania
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 large tomatoes
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until lightly browned. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Cut tomatoes in half widthwise. Place cut side up in an 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with basil and pepper; top with bread crumb mixture. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly softened. Yield: 4 servings.
1 tomato half equals 65 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Basil Baked Tomatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC