Basil Baked Chops for Two
In this recipe, basil enhances the naturally delicious flavors of pork and vegetables. I like to make this dish during the summer months when fresh zucchini is abundant.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 pork chops (7 ounces each), trimmed
- 2 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil (18 inches x 12 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Place each pork chop in the center of a piece of foil. Sprinkle with
- garlic powder and pepper. Top with zucchini, carrots and onion.
- Sprinkle with basil. Bring opposite long edges of foil together over
- the top of vegetables and fold down several times. Fold the short
- ends toward the food and crimp tightly to prevent leaks. Place foil
- pouches on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or
- until pork juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 230 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable.