Basil Baked Chops for Two Recipe
In this recipe, basil enhances the naturally delicious flavors of pork and vegetables. I like to make this dish during the summer months when fresh zucchini is abundant.
- 2 pork chops (7 ounces each), trimmed
- 2 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil (18 inches x 12 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Place each pork chop in the center of a piece of foil. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Top with zucchini, carrots and onion. Sprinkle with basil. Bring opposite long edges of foil together over the top of vegetables and fold down several times. Fold the short ends toward the food and crimp tightly to prevent leaks. Place foil pouches on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until pork juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Basil Baked Chops for Two in Country Pork 1996, p72
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Basil Baked Chops for Two(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >