- 2 pork chops (7 ounces each), trimmed
- 2 sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil (18 inches x 12 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Place each pork chop in the center of a piece of foil. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Top with zucchini, carrots and onion. Sprinkle with basil. Bring opposite long edges of foil together over the top of vegetables and fold down several times. Fold the short ends toward the food and crimp tightly to prevent leaks. Place foil pouches on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until pork juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Basil Baked Chops for Two in Country Pork 1996, p72
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Basil Baked Chops for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review