“Anything with basil is always a winner. It especially pairs well with the salty feta and sweet peppers in these savory, biscuit-like muffins.” —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the egg, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, peppers and basil.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 9 muffins.
Originally published as Basil, Feta & Roasted Pepper Muffins in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p77
Reviews for Basil, Feta & Roasted Pepper Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review