Toss this herby pesto with pasta, spread it over sandwiches or stir it into an Italian-style soup, like minestrone. —Lorraine Fina Stevenski, Land O’ Lakes, Florida
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place basil, parsley, almonds and garlic in a small food processor; pulse until chopped. Add lemon peel, juice, honey and salt; process until blended. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Add cheese; pulse just until blended.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Freeze option: Transfer pesto to ice cube trays; cover and freeze pesto until firm. Remove from trays and transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, thaw cubes in refrigerator 2 hours. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Basil & Parsley Pesto in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Basil & Parsley Pesto
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review