- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, sugar, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough. Turn onto a floured surface; cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll into a 13-in. circle. Grease a 12-in. pizza pan and sprinkle with cornmeal. Transfer dough to prepared pan, building up edges slightly. Do not let rise. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Add toppings; bake 10-15 minutes longer. Yield: 1 pizza crust (6 slices).
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Basic Pizza Crust
Sort By :
"It was .easy to make and so delicious . My family loved it"
"Make once a week. Love the simplicity and taste. My family likes this one because it's a bit thicker for a pizza stone and holds together well for the kiddos. Love it."
"Love this basic recipe. "Basic"as in use, this as a base to add things and adjust to taste. Helpful tips: For bulk yeast users like myself, 2 1/4 tsp = 1 dry yeast package. I use olive oil, and bread flour. I add spices to the dough before it sits for 10 minutes. I also brush the dough with olive oil before the first bake. Bake 8 min to avoid dryness."
"I make pizza once a week and this the crust I use. It's awesome! I do exchange some of the flour for whole wheat and use bread flour instead of all-purpose. I bake is up on a large sheet pan instead of a pizza pan. I used to use my pizza stone but we like a softer crust. I also only bake the crust for eight minutes for the first bake. Any longer results in a dry crust. I love that I can have fresh pizza in an hour from start to finish. My family loves it! And, it reheats really well. I might even say it is better the next day."
"this is the perfect basic crust! Although I do let mine rest MUCH longer that what is required and you get a really thick crust. Love it!"