My aunt shared this recipe quite a few years ago. I like to double the recipe and keep one baked crust in the freezer for a quick snack or meal later.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, sugar, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough. Turn onto a floured surface; cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll into a 13-in. circle. Grease a 12-in. pizza pan and sprinkle with cornmeal. Transfer dough to prepared pan, building up edges slightly. Do not let rise. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Add toppings; bake 10-15 minutes longer. Yield: 1 pizza crust (6 slices).
Originally published as Basic Pizza Crust in Best of Country Breads 2000, p39
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Basic Pizza Crust
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review