Basic Pastry Mix
I make a big batch of this for when I need to make a pastry quickly. It stores well and for a long time.Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
51 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/3 cups shortening
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in half of the
- shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Cut in
- remaining shortening. Place in an airtight container and store in
- the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
- Basic Pastry Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes (also
- found in Recipe Finder): To Make Pie Pastry, Spicy Pastry and
- Chocolate Pastry. Yield: 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 134 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.