- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 2-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6-1/4 to 6-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide dough in half. Shape each into a loaf. Place in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Basic Homemade Bread
Sort By :
"Easy to make and substitute whole wheat for white flour.It was delicious."
"My whole family loved it! I made two loaves and they were gone in two days!"
"Its not even finished yet n it already smells amazing!! Ive tried a couple different bread recipes on here and i love them all!"
"Very simple, yet awesome, recipe. Everyone could smell the warm, delicious, bread aroma from outside. We all loved it."
"Such an amazing recipe!! Just made it and my mom and dad loved it and so did I! Very simple... a little lengthy process but totally worth it!"