Basic Crepes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 teaspoons butter
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and eggs. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between. Yield: 16 crepes.
Reviews for Basic Crepes(11)
Sort By :
Can you substitute some ground flax seed for the egg(s):
I discovered this recipe a couple months ago, and we've had it again many times. I love them with fresh strawberries, bananas and whipped cream. Great, easy recipe!
These are the tastiest, most easy crepes I have ever made. I have used this recipe many times while cooking in a diner and it has never failed me
Too eggy. I've used other recipes that only use the egg whites and they're much better. These were ok tasting and easy to make... but I won't be making this recipe again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Crepes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >