- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7-1/2 to 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk 7-1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture, adding additional flour if necessary. Divide dough into four 2-cup portions. Refrigerate, covered, until needed.
- Basic Cookie Dough may be used to prepare the following recipes: Crumb-Topped Date Bars, Cherry Surprise Cookies, Chocolate Mallow Cookies or Jelly Sandwich Cookies. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews for Basic Cookie Dough
Sort By :
"Horrible. This is a JOKE.Too much flour and Baking Powder.Horrible"
"I halved the recipe and put white chocolate chips and instead of vanilla used lemon and my cookies turned out nice and fluffy and tasted good. I don't know what everyone whose review I read did but mine turned out fine"
"THIS RECIPE IS HORRIBLE, I WASTED 5 CUPS OF FLOUR!!!!! I RATE THIS 0 STARS!!! BY FAR WORST COOKIE RECIPE THAT I HAVE EVR MADE!! DOM`T MAKE THEM!!!"
"Don't do it! It's a waist of time and ingredients, very stiff mix, they had no taste at all! Also came out like rocks! bad bad bad!"
"Don't waste your time - this is the worst cookie dough recipe I have EVER used."