Basic Cookie Dough
In Payson, Utah, Gloria McBride turns everyday ingredients into a versatile dough that's the basis for five sensational sweets. "You can bake some cookies right away, then pop the extra dough in the freezer for later," she notes.
96 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, milk and
- vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture, beating just until combined.
- Divide dough into four 2-cup portions. Cover and refrigerate.
- Basic Cookie Dough may be used to prepare the following recipes:
- Crumb-Topped Date Bars, Cherry Surprise Cookies, Chocolate Mallow
- Cookies or Jelly Sandwich Cookies. Yield: 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 4 teaspoons dough equals 98 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.