Basic Cookie Dough Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating just until combined. Divide dough into four 2-cup portions. Cover and refrigerate.
- Basic Cookie Dough may be used to prepare the following recipes: Crumb-Topped Date Bars, Cherry Surprise Cookies, Chocolate Mallow Cookies or Jelly Sandwich Cookies. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews for Basic Cookie Dough(12)
Sort By :
This is the bad recipe for cookies. It's nothing against the person that wrote this but REALLY! 8 CUPS OF FLOUR AND ONLY TWO EGGS. That is crazy ! I even tried to make these cookies and lets just say they didn't taste right. Plus milk goes with cookies, not in them! This is a good recipe for biscuits but not cookies.
I was craving the taste of cookie dough and this was the perfect recipe. I halved it and then added half a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips, taste just like the cookie dough you can get from Papa Murphey's. The chocolate chips made it a little rich, though, so it will take me days to get through this recipe.
Just made these great recipe we added chocolate chips but I don't know what temp and time to cook at? It made a lot! Way more than expected about 3 quarters of it went in the freezer!
Very simple recipe, and easy to half! Half was more than enough for me. I used this to make shark-fin cookie's for ocean-themed cupcakes I'm making for my husband. They have a nice taste, not overwhelming. The texture is a little dryer than some cookies, but I prefer it that way. I did add an extra egg, as the dough was way more crumbly. But all around, I'll be using this again.
This recipe is great. I cut it in half for sugar cookies then used the other half for the cherry surprise cookies. Easy to use and not sticky and easy to roll out. With half of the recipe, it wasn't hard on my Kitchen Aid.