- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7-1/2 to 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk 7-1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture, adding additional flour if necessary. Divide dough into four 2-cup portions. Refrigerate, covered, until needed.
- Basic Cookie Dough may be used to prepare the following recipes: Crumb-Topped Date Bars, Cherry Surprise Cookies, Chocolate Mallow Cookies or Jelly Sandwich Cookies. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews for Basic Cookie Dough
Sort By :
"I halved the recipe and put white chocolate chips and instead of vanilla used lemon and my cookies turned out nice and fluffy and tasted good. I don't know what everyone whose review I read did but mine turned out fine"
"THIS RECIPE IS HORRIBLE, I WASTED 5 CUPS OF FLOUR!!!!! I RATE THIS 0 STARS!!! BY FAR WORST COOKIE RECIPE THAT I HAVE EVR MADE!! DOM`T MAKE THEM!!!"
"Don't do it! It's a waist of time and ingredients, very stiff mix, they had no taste at all! Also came out like rocks! bad bad bad!"
"Don't waste your time - this is the worst cookie dough recipe I have EVER used."
"Hello fellow cookie enthusiastsI write to you all with a heavy heart.Today I attempted to make delicious cookies for my cookie club (with 30 members who are all as enthusiastic about cookies as me) and I used this recipe.My heart broke when I realised I would not be able to serve cookies to all my friends. These cookies are far from what I and all other cookie eaters are use to enjoying.They are BY FAR the worst cookies I have ever eaten, they taste like dry cake/scone/shortbread.Not only did I lose faith in my love for cookies, I was also kicked out of my cookie club! They said I couldn't be a member anymore because I brought such horrible cookies.So I now have 93 cookies that I will have to feed to my pet parrots and I have lost all my friends in the cookie club (including my husband who was the leader of the cookie club)I am now down 8 cups of flour, no husband, no friends, and no cookies to drown my sorrows in... ALL BECAUSE OF THIS RECIPE."