Basic Cookie Dough Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating just until combined. Divide dough into four 2-cup portions. Cover and refrigerate.
- Basic Cookie Dough may be used to prepare the following recipes: Crumb-Topped Date Bars, Cherry Surprise Cookies, Chocolate Mallow Cookies or Jelly Sandwich Cookies. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews for Basic Cookie Dough
Sort By :
"i did the recipe and it tasted amazing but i did not add that much salt i put a pinch of salt"
"Hello . I tried to make cookies for my friends and this did not turn out like cookies. Instead they are more like muffins / cookies/ scones/ biscuits/ cupcakes or BONIES. for short version. Please if you are looking to make cookies chose a different recipe .With Love they did taste alrightCrystal"
"Not a very good recipe. 8 cups of flour is ridiculous and so is 4 tsps of baking soda . I used 5 cups of flour and it was still way too much. This is not a "basic" recipe, basic would be 1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, 2 eggs, 3 cups of four, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt and a small amount of water. Worst cookies I've ever made."
"This is the bad recipe for cookies. It's nothing against the person that wrote this but REALLY! 8 CUPS OF FLOUR AND ONLY TWO EGGS. That is crazy ! I even tried to make these cookies and lets just say they didn't taste right. Plus milk goes with cookies, not in them! This is a good recipe for biscuits but not cookies."
"I was craving the taste of cookie dough and this was the perfect recipe. I halved it and then added half a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips, taste just like the cookie dough you can get from Papa Murphey's. The chocolate chips made it a little rich, though, so it will take me days to get through this recipe."