Basic Chicken Barbecue
As far as I'm concerned, there's no better way to spend a summer night than sitting outdoors with the family and enjoying a hot-off-the-grill meal like this.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 35 min.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar and salt. Whisk in the
- water, oil, poultry seasoning and pepper. Reserve 1/2 cup for
- basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large
- resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat
- for 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting
- occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.