- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: 9 servings.
- To prepare caramel-nut brownies: Prepare basic brownie batter. Pour
- half into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with caramel
- topping and sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans. Top with remaining batter
- and pecans. Bake and cool as directed. Yield: 9 servings.
- To prepare cherry brownies: In a small saucepan, bring the cherries
- and water to a boil. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry. Prepare basic brownie batter; stir in cherries.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake and cool
- as directed. Frost if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 238 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.