Basic Braised Lamb Shanks
A FRIEND shared this recipe with me many years ago.
My son-in-law loves these lamb shanks as part of a hearty meal with baked potatoes, a hot vegetable and fresh fruit salad. Of course, I include mint jelly on the side.
-Jeanne McNamara, Camillus, New York
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 lamb shanks (1 pound each)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Place lamb in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the broth, soy
- sauce, brown sugar, garlic and mustard; pour over meat. Cover and
- bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 451 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 2,419 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 48 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now