Basic Boiled Potatoes
Cook a big pot of red potatoes, and you'll not only have a fuss-free side dish, but a head start on other meals. Add butter and parsley to the portion you're serving immediately, then refrigerate the rest for the recipes that follow.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 pounds medium red potatoes (about 24)
- Melted butter and minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or stockpot and cover with water.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook for 15-30
- minutes or until tender. Drain well. Serve eight potatoes with
- butter and parsley if desired. Refrigerate remaining potatoes.
- Yield: 4 servings plus 16 leftover potatoes.