Basic Black Walnut Pie Recipe
Black walnuts are abundant here in the Ozarks. My aunt gave me this recipe and I think it's one of the best pies I've ever tasted.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped black walnuts
- 1. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and flour. Sprinkle into the pastry shell; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring the corn syrup, brown sugar and remaining sugar just to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Let cool for 3 minutes.
- 3. Gradually stir eggs into hot mixture. Add walnuts and mix well. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until top is browned. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 506 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Basic Black Walnut Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC