- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon as a salad, with tortilla chips or over pork chops. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Black-Eyed Pea Salsa in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p12
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Basic Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2012
"This is one of my favorite standby's for summer. So light and refreshing. Sometimes I'll add in an avocado or two. Yummy!"