Basic Black-Eyed Pea Salsa Recipe
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon as a salad, with tortilla chips or over pork chops. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 cups.
1/4 cup equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Basic Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
"This is one of my favorite standby's for summer. So light and refreshing. Sometimes I'll add in an avocado or two. Yummy!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.