Peg Wilson of Elm Creek, Nebraska provides us with her version of “Texas Caviar” that provides for so many possibilities. It's as flavorful as it is colorful and works well alone or as an accompaniment.
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon as a salad, with tortilla chips or over pork chops. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Black-Eyed Pea Salsa in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p12
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Basic Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review