Basic Beef Starter Recipe
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through. Cool.
- Place about 2-3/4 cups each in four freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 4 portions (11-1/2 cups).
Reviews for Basic Beef Starter(2)
Sort By :
I have been making this recipe since 02'. My family enjoys both recipes that go with it. They forgot to include Beef Stuffed Peppers can also be made from the beef starter. You can find the recipe on Taste of Home website.
This is a wonderful way to plan ahead... however, adding the gravy and/or soup mix just isn't necessary. You add more recipe options when you don't pre-season it.