Basic Beef Pizza
We like pizza plain and simple without the frills of many toppings. This easy-to-fix pizza is better than any frozen variety.Linda Troop, Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
4-6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add salt, celery salt and pepper; set aside. On a floured surface,
- roll dough into a 13-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the
- sides of a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread sauce over crust to
- within 1/2 in. of edge. Top with cheese and beef mixture. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is
- melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
If you don't have time to thaw frozen bread dough for Basic Beef Pizza, you can use a refrigerated pizza crust instead.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.