BASED ON: Barbecued Pot Roast Recipe
In New Oxford, Pennsylvania, Emma Nye relies on her mother's pot roast recipe when company is coming. But when she merely wants to enjoy the savory sensation with her husband, she can turn to this downsized version.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck steak (1 pound and 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Combine salt and pepper; rub over steak. In a Dutch oven, brown steak in oil on both sides. Add the water, tomato sauce, onion and garlic. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the meat. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
4 ounces cooked meat with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 433 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 1,284 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 46 g protein.
Reviews for BASED ON: Barbecued Pot Roast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC