BASED ON: Barbecued Pot Roast Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck steak (1 pound and 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Combine salt and pepper; rub over steak. In a Dutch oven, brown steak in oil on both sides. Add the water, tomato sauce, onion and garlic. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the meat. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
4 ounces cooked meat with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 433 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 1,284 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 46 g protein.
Reviews for BASED ON: Barbecued Pot Roast
"Tender and delicious!"