- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck steak (1 pound and 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Combine salt and pepper; rub over steak. In a Dutch oven, brown steak in oil on both sides. Add the water, tomato sauce, onion and garlic. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the meat. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as BASED ON: Barbecued Pot Roast in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p39
Reviews for BASED ON: Barbecued Pot Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2010
"Tender and delicious!"