Bartlett Pear and Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- 3 medium Bartlett pears, halved and cored
- 6 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2-1/4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 6 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1. Place pears, cut side down, in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Brush with 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Add water and remaining lemon juice to pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or just until pears are tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine the blue cheese, walnuts and onions.
- 4. Just before serving, divide lettuce among six plates; drizzle with dressing. Top each with a pear half and 2 tablespoons blue cheese mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 161 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.