- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until heated through. Pour into four serving bowls; drizzle each with lime juice. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bart's Black Bean Soup
Sort By :
I made this tonight on a cold rainy night. It really hit the spot. I added a small can of mild green chilies. I cooked it on top of the stove. And topped it with corn chips. We loved it!
My family loves this soup. I double the recipe and make it over the stove rather than in the microwave.
I thought this was very good and super quick and easy. I used lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Added some bread and it was delish!
This was delicious and super easy. Made it on the stove top and used lemon. Will make it again. Also added sour cream.
My 16 year old daughter made this. She decided it needed more flavor and added a can of chili tomatoes. We put crushed tortilla chips , avocado slices, and sour cream on top. I thought it was delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Black Bean Soup >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >
- Quick Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >