- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until heated through. Pour into four serving bowls; drizzle each with lime juice. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bart's Black Bean Soup
"I made 4 recipes, hoping for leftovers..NOT. I used 2 cans of beans and 2 cans of refried black beans. To that I added 2 whole cans of corn... a little more than the recipe calls for. It was very good."
"Is this correct amount of sodium? It seems very high. Sounds good, but I am supposed to limit sodium."
"We made this when both sides of the family came over and everyone loved it! We got requests for a copy of the recipe! (Stove top is best)"
"Great soup recipe! I made a few modifications: I added 2 cups cooked brown rice, left out the salsa, and used taco seasoning for more flavor. We loved it!"
"I made this tonight on a cold rainy night. It really hit the spot. I added a small can of mild green chilies. I cooked it on top of the stove. And topped it with corn chips. We loved it!"
"My family loves this soup. I double the recipe and make it over the stove rather than in the microwave."
"This was delicious and super easy. Made it on the stove top and used lemon. Will make it again. Also added sour cream."