Bart's Black Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until heated through. Pour into four serving bowls; drizzle each with lime juice. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 229 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 1,004 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC