Barley Waldorf Salad Recipe
To create this tasty twist on traditional Waldorf salads, simply cook the barley, then mix together all the ingredients. The memorable medley sent in by Sara Tschetter from Belle Plaine, Saskatchewan offers a nice change of pace from traditional rice and pasta salads served this time of year.
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 2 large tart apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Cook barley according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a small serving bowl, combine barley, apples, walnuts, raisins, cream, mayonnaise and sugar. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Barley Waldorf Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p10
Reviews for Barley Waldorf Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2008
I tried this recipe with dried cranberries instead of raisins and it is delicious too.