Barley Radish Salad Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped radishes
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup medium pearl barley, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine radishes, celery, onions and barley. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over barley mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 140 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Barley Radish Salad
"This is very good. The radish adds a unique flavor twist. It really does have a pleasant taste and delightful crunch. Thanks for sharing Maude."