Barley Radish Salad Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped radishes
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup medium pearl barley, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine radishes, celery, onions and barley. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over barley mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 140 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.