"My family loves barley, so I try to work it into everyday menus&151;including picnics and packed lunches," writes Maude Chuha of Chardon, Ohio. "Cooked barley gives this salad a chewy texture, while radishes, celery and green onions add a pleasant crunch."
- 1 cup finely chopped radishes
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup medium pearl barley, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine radishes, celery, onions and barley. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over barley mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barley Radish Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p15
Reviews for Barley Radish Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2013
"This is very good. The radish adds a unique flavor twist. It really does have a pleasant taste and delightful crunch. Thanks for sharing Maude."