Barley Radish Salad Recipe
"My family loves barley, so I try to work it into everyday menus&151;including picnics and packed lunches," writes Maude Chuha of Chardon, Ohio. "Cooked barley gives this salad a chewy texture, while radishes, celery and green onions add a pleasant crunch."
- 1 cup finely chopped radishes
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup medium pearl barley, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine radishes, celery, onions and barley. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over barley mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barley Radish Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p15
Reviews for Barley Radish Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2013
"This is very good. The radish adds a unique flavor twist. It really does have a pleasant taste and delightful crunch. Thanks for sharing Maude."