Barley Ham Salad Recipe
- 6 cups cooked medium pearl barley
- 1 cup (6 ounces) cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 envelope (.7 ounce) Italian salad dressing mix
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over barley mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 234 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Barley Ham Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.