Barley Ham Salad Recipe
A pleasant alternative to pasta salad, this colorful side dish gives barley, cubed ham and a medley of vegetables. "Every time I make it for a crowd, I bring copes of the recipe," says Sheryl Hershberger of Donalds, South Carolina. "As a busy wife and mom of four, I like the fact that it can be made ahead of time.
- 6 cups cooked medium pearl barley
- 1 cup (6 ounces) cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 envelope (.7 ounce) Italian salad dressing mix
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over barley mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 234 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 8g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Barley Ham Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC