Barley Ham Salad Recipe
A pleasant alternative to pasta salad, this colorful side dish gives barley, cubed ham and a medley of vegetables. "Every time I make it for a crowd, I bring copes of the recipe," says Sheryl Hershberger of Donalds, South Carolina. "As a busy wife and mom of four, I like the fact that it can be made ahead of time.
- 6 cups cooked medium pearl barley
- 1 cup (6 ounces) cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 envelope (.7 ounce) Italian salad dressing mix
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over barley mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Barley Ham Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p5
Reviews for Barley Ham Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review