Barley Corn Salad Recipe
A great alternative to pasta salads, this colorful side dish adds refreshing herb flavor to corn, barley, and red and green peppers. Bring it to your next get-together and see how fast it disappears! Mary Ann Kieffer of Lawrence, Kansas
- 2 cups cooked medium pearl barley
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the lemon juice, oil, salt, thyme and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Barley Corn Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p39
Reviews for Barley Corn Salad(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 16, 2012
I misread the recipe and did 2 cups barley, cooked instead of 2 cups cooked barley. Oops! Still incredibly delicious!
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2011
Nice, fresh, light taste! Great.
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2009
Delicious! I really enjoyed this salad.
More Recipe Collections
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Grains Side Dish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salads >
- Side Dish Recipes >