Barley and Mushrooms Recipe
I serve this with baked chicken, particularly when we want a change from rice dishes.—Carol Funk, Richard, Saskatchewan
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup medium pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add water, bouillon, salt and pepper; mix well. bring to a boil. Add barley and parsley. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 80-90 minutes or until the barley is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 166 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 561 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Barley and Mushrooms
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC