- strips (discard cooked bacon or save for another use). Bake 3-1/2 to
- 4 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 165° when inserted
- in center of stuffing and the thigh reaches at least 170°,
- replacing bacon each hour and basting occasionally with pan
- drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
- Cover turkey and let stand for 20 minutes before removing stuffing
- and carving. Remove bacon strips before serving. Yield: 16 servings
- (12 cups stuffing).
Editor's Note: Stuffing may be prepared as directed and baked separately in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer