Barbecues for the Bunch Recipe
When I was working full-time, this BBQ was an easy way to have dinner ready when I arrived home from work. It's fall-apart tender and makes enough to freeze for another night! —Louise Watkins, Sparta, Wisconsin
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cubed
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 16 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beef, pork, onions and celery. In a small bowl, combine the tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Pour over meat mixture.
- 2. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours or until meat is very tender. Shred meat in the slow cooker with two forks. With a slotted spoon, serve 1/2 cup meat mixture on each bun. Yield: 16 servings.
1 sandwich equals 297 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC